Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds 160

Hi,

I know this is a dumb question,Probably people must have answered this question many number of times but i did not find a accurate answer for my question

I was on F1 status and got my H1 approved on Oct 2009,I am planning to schedule appointment for getting my H1 stamped on August 2010,I have i757 which says i am on H1b and here is the question I have my passport stamped with F1 visa but currently am on H1b because i got approved on Oct2009.now what should my answer be to the following question

Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?*

I believe the answer should be "Yes" because i have a Valid H1B which got approved last Oct,but not sure if my guess is right,Can anybody help me out?

Like you mentioned, this question is been answered many many time. If you search, you will find the exact answer that you are looking for. Here is a sample

The question clearly ask about the visa in your passport. What you have is approved H1B petition, not visa. So you need to answer "NO" to this question.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Like you mentioned, this question is been answered many many time. If you search, you will find the exact answer that you are looking for. Here is a sample

The question clearly ask about the visa in your passport. What you have is approved H1B petition, not visa. So you need to answer "NO" to this question.
      Thanks,Just wanted to make sure

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X