Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Renewal Missed

Hi,

My H1B visa was expiring on Sep 30th, When I was submitting my extension application, my family members were not with me, so i did not apply for them.
    I misunderstood that I can apply only after my Visa approval. They came to US on July 31st. My visa renewal notice came on Oct 2nd.
    By then when I tried to submit my family's renewal application, I got to know that their I94 expired on 9/30 and currently they are out of status. Please suggest the next steps to expedite my renewal process.

Originally posted by balupat View Post
    Hi,

My H1B visa was expiring on Sep 30th, When I was submitting my extension application, my family members were not with me, so i did not apply for them.
    I misunderstood that I can apply only after my Visa approval. They came to US on July 31st. My visa renewal notice came on Oct 2nd.
    By then when I tried to submit my family's renewal application, I got to know that their I94 expired on 9/30 and currently they are out of status. Please suggest the next steps to expedite my renewal process.
    Recommend consulting an immigration attorney to help here. OOS is considered a big issue and difficult to maneuver if you are eventually considering permanent residency.

Comment

Originally posted by balupat View Post
      Hi,

Hi Member,

If you miss the I-94 validity at the time of filing an H4 extension petition then they can leave the country and get visa stamped at consulate/ embassy for better process.
      By the way, what did you do on your case.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X