Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-797 Approval Notice Not Received

Hello,

My H1-B extension was approved on September 10 and the attorney received the approval notice on September 16. I came to know today that employer has not received the notice (or they might have and misplaced it with closings related to covid).

Questions :

1) On my account on the USCIS website there is a link (below) to contact if the approval notice has not been received:

Has anyone tried to get another copy of the approval notice with the above link through their employer? How long does it take? Any cost?

2) The form I-824 for requesting a duplicate I-797 costs $465. How long does it take usually to receive the duplicate I-797?

Thank you
    Last edited by sailboat121; 10-08-2020, 08:20 PM.

Hello,

Can someone please reply?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by sailboat121 View Post
      Hello,

Can someone please reply?

Thank you
      Your attorney should be getting it and they should ship to you within a week or so. Usually this takes about a week or 10 days time for you to get it. I personally dont have experience with requesting a duplicate I-797.

Comment

Hell Draghua,

Thank you for the reply!

Regards

Comment

Hi Member,

1) On my account on the USCIS website there is a link (below) to contact if the approval notice has not been received:
          Answer: Normally duplicate copy can be and better to request by either Attorney or Employer. Because, Original approval notices will be reaching to them directly by USCIS. You can file FOIA, if you will not receive the notice from your Employer or Attorney.

Has anyone tried to get another copy of the approval notice with the above link through their employer? How long does it take? Any cost?
          Answer: As I mentioned before, It must be requested by Attorney or Employer. I am not sure, If beneficiary can raise the request under this. Or else you may consider under FOIA act.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X