No announcement yet.

H4 to F1 INTERESTING SITUATION HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1 INTERESTING SITUATION HELP!!!

Anyone please help!!!!

Background:
    I am on H4 visa right now and will be starting MS graduate program (with full tuition waiver) in the same university where my husband (H1B) works on a temporary position (Say Place A). both of our visas are valid until November of 2021 but he is going move to a different US state before August 2021 with a fresh H1B (Say Place B). I will be also getting a new H4 for Place B.

Questions:
    1. Is it mandatory to move to the same place with H1B as I will have to start graduate school at Place A which is in a different US state that his new appointment, Place B?

2. How will my change of status (COS) application from H4 to F1 with USCIS be affected if we are at two different places (husband on H1B at a place A versus me in a graduate program at place B.) I plan to file COS by September 2021 and guess will hear something by 8-9 months based on the current processing times.

Appreciate your help in advance. tnx!

Hi Member,
    1. Is it mandatory to move to the same place with H1B as I will have to start graduate school at Place A which is in a different US state that his new appointment, Place B?
    Answer: If you are on H4 then you will need to also migrate to new place where H1B holder is going to locate. As a H4 status holder, you will be depending on H1B holder.
    2. How will my change of status (COS) application from H4 to F1 with USCIS be affected if we are at two different places (husband on H1B at a place A versus me in a graduate program at place B.) I plan to file COS by September 2021 and guess will hear something by 8-9 months based on the current processing times.
    Answer: If you will be filing change of status petition to F1 then you will not have any issues. Since you will be getting individual visa status, you can be stay near to the University. But during petition under process, if you both are in different location, then it may raise some unwanted queries.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X