Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B stamping : H1 approved not started yet currently in USA

Hi Folks,

I came to US in 2007 on H4 Visa. After that i pursued MasterS and switched to F1 status (COS).I completed my Masters in May 2010. I started working on CPT from Mar 2010 and currently i am working on OPT. My employer filed for my H1-B and it got approved.I have to go to India in Septmber to attend a family event and i will not get much vacations and hence i have to be back before October 1st.

My passport still has H4 Visa stamped . My question is that can i get my H1 Visa stamp in September or do i have to wait till October 1st to stamp it ? Also if i can stamp my Visa in September can i come back in last week of September and work during the last week or do i have to wait till October 1st to resume working.

Also my spouse is on H1 and he will also get his H1 stamped during this visit. So shall we apply it together or individually for the Visa stamping.

I appreciate any help in advance.

Thank you.

My passport still has H4 Visa stamped . My question is that can i get my H1 Visa stamp in September or do i have to wait till October 1st to stamp it ? Also if i can stamp my Visa in September can i come back in last week of September and work during the last week or do i have to wait till October 1st to resume working.
    >>> You can get the H1B stamping done in September. You can enter U.S in H1B status (H1B visa) only after 20th of September (10 days before the actual H1B start date). However, you cannot start working until Oct 1st.

Also my spouse is on H1 and he will also get his H1 stamped during this visit. So shall we apply it together or individually for the Visa stamping.
    >>> Multiple H1B candidates cannot appear together on a single visa slot. However, you can both book the appointment on the same date and possibly same time.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you Shervin. This forum is awesome !!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X