Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa and internship

Dear Sir/ Madam,
    I am a foreign pharmacy graduate and recently I got foreign pharmacy graduate examination certification from National Association Boards of Pharmacy in the US. I am on H4 dependent visa. Now I am looking forward to get my internship hours. I do not have a social security number but I have a DMV number. I am registered with a board of pharmacy and according to that I can earn internship hours. Thay need social security number or DMV number to issue an intern lisence. I provided them my DMV number and they issed me. But according to many immigration websites I can not do unpaid internship on H4 visa. Can I do internship as a volunteer for a non-profit pharmacy to get my 1500 hours?
    Thank you

I am a foreign pharmacy graduate and recently I got foreign pharmacy graduate examination certification from National Association Boards of Pharmacy in the US. I am on H4 dependent visa. Now I am looking forward to get my internship hours. I do not have a social security number but I have a DMV number. I am registered with a board of pharmacy and according to that I can earn internship hours. Thay need social security number or DMV number to issue an intern lisence. I provided them my DMV number and they issed me. But according to many immigration websites I can not do unpaid internship on H4 visa. Can I do internship as a volunteer for a non-profit pharmacy to get my 1500 hours?
    Thank you

---- By law you cannot work while on H4. This includes even internship as that may be a paid position and that cannot be voluntary as other candidates (USC's and GC holder's) will be paid

Subramanya

Comment

I am offered by a nonprofit pharmacy. Most of the people are volunteer there. They give medicine to uninsured people. They are offering me unpaid internship.

Comment

Hi OP,

As mentioned in the below post - working on H4 on a volunteer basis is kind of Grey area....and good immigration attorney should be contacted before taking up any work on H4 ( to avoid any future problems)

Thanks and Regards,
        Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X