Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B I94 issue

Hi Everyone,

My company recently applied for H1B amendment and I got the approval notice as well. The end date on top section(visa) is correct which is 31st-Dec2021 but the I94 expiry date seems to be wrong which they have given only until 10th-Jan2021.

So, my current I94 according to this I797 expires in coming January. However my attorney believes that it seems to be a typo from USCIS as the end date and month are correct but only the year is wrong. She raised e-request 2months back but USCIS is taking longer time than we anticipated. Also, my attorney suggests that I wont be out status even if they don't respond by Jan2021 as it is a simple typo by USCIS.

Can you please suggest if you have any inputs on this? Will I be out of status? Or would you suggest me to step out of country and come back? Or is there any way I can fix it?

My online I94 expiry is until Jan 2022 as I went to India in past December and visa was stamped for until Dec 2021 with my previous employer's I797.

Appreciate your time!!

Hi Member,
    Have you got any update on I-94 rectification? Did you meet any complication to resolve the issues? Please share your experience.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X