Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B registration during OPT Grace period

Hi,

My OPT is expiring Mid-February 2021. My company will be filing my H1B application on March 1st (during my grace period). It is my understanding that I can stay in the US while my application is pending, but I am not authorized to work. I have been offered a job by my company in Canada, which will most probably start in March. I was wondering if I can work for my company/office in Canada while I am in the US. It has been brought to my attention that a few of my colleagues, who have been offered positions in Canada (not because of visa issues) cannot relocate due to COVID. It would be of great help if you could share your thoughts on my situation. Any suggestions/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    Last edited by s.khushboo; 12-15-2020, 06:06 PM.

Hi Member,

Here is few points I will need to share.

1. Registering H1B in electronic method will not allow you to stay in the USA. Until you file the petition and get approved, you will need to maintain the status. Otherwise, It will impact your H1B petition.
    2. And staying in the USA without any valid status and working for another country is also not legal as per my knowledge.
    3. if your OPT is expiring then you need to consider for alternate status in order to maintain your status.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X