Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B amendment process approval notice sent.Visiting outside USA

Hi

I did my Masters and then got a job in Company A who filed my H1b Visa on 10/01/2008 and valid until 07/25/2011.

I did not get stamped yet as i never leave US until now.

Meanwhile my employer applied for amendment as i was put into a project in another state and change in my title .

When i check the status it says "On May 7, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

I am going to my country on August 2nd week for my marriage and my questions are.

can i use my current I797 for visa stamping or should i use new I129 which i did not get yet?

can i use the notice as the proof of I129 in case they need it for stamping?

Also could somebody please tell me how long will it take to receive my I129 after the above mentioned status?

Thanks

can i use my current I797 for visa stamping or should i use new I129 which i did not get yet?
    >>> Use the latest approval notice. You will need a copy of the I129 to prove that an amendment is been filed for the new work location.

can i use the notice as the proof of I129 in case they need it for stamping?
    >>> Which notice are you talking about?

Also could somebody please tell me how long will it take to receive my I129 after the above mentioned status?
    >>> It shouldn't take more than 2 weeks. If it is approved on May 7th, then you should have got it by now. Check with your employer/company attorney. If they haven't received it yet, ask them to follow up with USCIS to get a copy.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

The case status is Post Decision activity and i see there is one more stage(Document production or Oath Ceremony) after this.
      So what does the current stage means? does it means that they already sent I129 to my employer or just a notice stating that it has been approved?i am so confused about it.

If it is just a notice,can i use that notice as a proof along with existing I797?

I am trying to fill up DS 160 form and one of the fields ask for Application Receipt/Petition Number. which number should i give? the one on I94 from my existing 1797 which is expiring on Jul-2011 or the EAC number given to me when the employer filed for amendment?

Please help and thank for taking your time.

Comment

If the amendment was approved in the first week of May, then your employer should have got the approval by now.

You can use the existing I-797 approval notice (that is valid till 2011) with the latest amended I-129. You can find the application receipt number in the approval notice.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X