Port of entry i94 expired, new company i94 still valid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port of entry i94 expired, new company i94 still valid

I went to India last year May during which my I94 for new Company (A) got approved. During US re-entry I did not show the CBP officers the new I94 since I entered on old Company (B) H1B Visa. Now the Port of Entry I94 issued by CBP has expired on September 2020, however after I changed my Company (from B to A) last year July, my new I94 is valid till Jan 2022.

What are my options of getting the Port Of Entry o94 corrected?

Which I-94 has the later effective date?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      Which I-94 has the later effective date?
      The I94 with my new Company (A). The I94 issued by the CBP officer on re-entry expired on September 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by TopGun84 View Post

The I94 with my new Company (A). The I94 issued by the CBP officer on re-entry expired on September 2020.
        I am not talking about which date it expired. I am talking about which date the I-94 started.

Comment

I am not talking about which date it expired. I am talking about which date the I-94 started.
          The new Company (A) I94 is valid from 02/04/2019 - 02/03/2022. Old Company (B) I94 was valid from 01/29/2018 - 10/10/2020. CBP I94 had expiry of 09/30/2019 as per my H1B visa based on my old Company I94.

Comment

The I-94s you received before you left the US ended when you left the US since you no longer have status when outside the US. You received a new I-94 when you entered the US in May 2019, and that is the only I-94 that applies to you now. That I-94 was issued after both the I-94 from Feb 2019 and the one from Jan 2018. Though it is weird because you said you changed from Company B to A in July 2019; so how did you get an I-94 in February 2019?

Comment

The I-94s you received before you left the US ended when you left the US since you no longer have status when outside the US. You received a new I-94 when you entered the US in May 2019, and that is the only I-94 that applies to you now. That I-94 was issued after both the I-94 from Feb 2019 and the one from Jan 2018. Though it is weird because you said you changed from Company B to A in July 2019; so how did you get an I-94 in February 2019?
              The process of my H1B transfer with my new company started early. It got a RFE and thats when I visited India. My RFE with the new company got approved while I was in India. I re-entered US on my old company I94 since I did not have the new I94 and officially yet to join my new company. I joined the new company on June 28th 3 weeks after I entered US on June 5th 2019. Does that clear things up?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X