Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT HELP - H1 COS to H4 Visa Stamping

Hi,

My wife came to US on H4 but we had already applied for H1 while she was in india. Her H1b got approved when she was in US on H4 and we applied for change of status from H4 to H1. She was idle for 6 to 7 months and couldnt get job.

Now she is in india and planning to get her back on H4. Her H4 visa appointment date is due in couple of days. Will there be any problem to get her H4 stamping because she had changed the status but did not work.

Most likely not, as they will primirily check the H1B holders documents. But it is hard to predict. Sometimes the VO may ask her to prove that she maintained her valid H1B status when she was in H1B.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you for giving some confidence. But have some additinal questions if you dont mind to reply.

1) I have given the SSN no in DS 160 Form, Will that be a problem or lead to more questions.
      2) After getting H4 to H1 COS approval, her H4 visa got expired in between but she stayed thinking that we had COS in hand ( was ignorant)
      3) Any suggestions to be better prepared.

Thanks

Comment

can you tell what did you mention in the section for occupation
        "Home Maker" or "Not Employed"

Comment

Hi,

I have mentioned as home maker.

Thanks

Comment

1) I have given the SSN no in DS 160 Form, Will that be a problem or lead to more questions.
            >>> No issues. You have mention it if you have one.

2) After getting H4 to H1 COS approval, her H4 visa got expired in between but she stayed thinking that we had COS in hand ( was ignorant)
            >>> Visa is just an entry document. It is required only to enter U.S. As long as the I-94 remains valid, you can stay in the country.
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X