Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Urgent Help

Hi
    I am on H1 and working in US since 1999.I was in bench for quite sometime.My W-2 has less income showing in it.Recently my wife went to Consulate in Madras for H4.They asked her to show the W-2's of previous years.As it was showing less amount they asked for an explanation as to why W-2 is less than the mandated LCA amount.What should I do now.Please help me.

Regards
    Sippy

Provide explanation.

It can really have adverse consequences as the person on H1 is not supposed to not work (in other words, supposed to be working all the time).
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hi
      what kind of explanation can we provide.I appreciate your help and advice.

Regards
      Sippy

Comment

You may write something about why your employer was not paying you.
        Immihelp Support

Comment

Hi
          Can I write something like this
          1.could be due to some accounting adjustments that they made.
          2.my employer gave me a very less salary even though I was on the payroll for the entire year. I had no control over this matter and that is the reason, I quit and joined my current employer
          3.I have family friends in the United States and I was given free board and lodging.

Please let me know.I appreciate your help and advise in this matter.

Regards
          Sippy

Comment

You can't really escape the fact that your employer did not pay you anything for sometime, and you were out of status for that duration.

You would not like it, but you have to face the consequences, if any.

There is no acceptable explanation you can give really.
            Immihelp Support

Comment

Hi
              Thanks for the reply.I do agree that my employer did not pay and I have to face the consequences.But now I have reached a point and I cannot go back either way and I have to give some kind of explanation for this issue.Please advise me that "Is it OK to give such kind of explanation".I know there is no other way or go but I have to give an explanation as they asked for it or else my wife will be there and I will be here.

Hoping to hear from you.

Regards
              Sippy.

Comment

same query plssssss help me!!!

Hi ,
                My husband got his H1 satmped in Nov 2004 and afetr getttin his SSN he started from december .I am going for my H4 stamping on feb 20 th 2005.
                According to the docs required for H4 it is said that i have to take pay stubs
                with me , so my query is are 2 pay stubs enough? And my another query is
                regarding the tax returns or W2 ....in one of the sites it is said that ...if a person is on H1 then tax returns for all the months/years he has been workin
                must be shown..but he started workin since dec only ?so how should we go ahead with this issue?He is into health care proffession ....his company must have filed his W2 form right so is that enough? please anybody reply to this query as am left with only few days ....

Thanks

Comment

Sippy,

I have same query for H4 visa for my wife. Please help me too if you had got any solution. I am still with same company and I don't want change. But we need to get some solution for this. I just stayed for 4 days after my marriage, which is held in Sep'2004. I couldn't able to get good response from my employer regarding less income for the year 2003. I am doing good currently and in good project and extention of project were more until 2006 end.
                  Unless I produce some explaination for the less income for that year my wife can't go to consulate. Please let me know possible solutions, if any one had similar problem.

Comment

Hi Dev
                    Mail me your details to [email protected] and I will get back to you ASAP.

Hope it helps.

Regards
                    Sippy.

Comment

I had responded to your email. I will be a great help if you provide me way to solve this.

Thanks
                      Dev

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X