Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa. incorrect spelling of first name in passport

Hi,
    In my wife's passport, first name is spelled incorrectly. Its printed as DEEPTHI instead of DEEPTI. To get it corrected in second page with stamp, regional passport office is not willing to do and asking to reapply but that will take hell lot of time to get passport.

In her SSC & marriage certificate, name is mentioned as DEEPTI. So, will it be a problem in her H4 visa interview?

Is there a quick way to get this solved

I appreciate the help...

-Sri

Hi OP,

It happened exactly with me , wrong spelling in my wife passport.
    But as it was Passport office (Hyderabad) mistake because we submitted correct documents with correct name.

And we raised our concern also - that we have to go to US urgently.....so instead of issuing a new passport again...they mentioned the correct name with a passport office stamp in one of the pages.
    So I am not sure why passport office is not willing to do it if it is their mistake.You can contact the office -emergency section and try once more.

As far as Name spelling is concerned - you have to get it corrected before she goes for Visa interview...otherwise chances are her visa will be issued on the wrong name - then in US ...you will have other problems I-94,Driving license etc etc...

Best of Luck..

Thanks and Regards,
    Abhay

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for your reply...

I dont have an issue about my wife's US visa name, I 94 or Driving license. Because even though she is coming on H4, its a short trip of 6 months.

So, i am just worried about it may get rejected in the visa interview?

Are there any chances that it might get rejected also?

Comment

Hi Sri,

If you are ready to accept wrong name in your Wife's legal documents like Visa etc...(which is your choice)---- which I will not suggest to do it...

as far as Visa Interview is concerned - It all depends on VO - if he/she is able to catch that your wife name is INCORRECT in passport (like matching Marriage Certificate with passport etc)...then he/she may suggest your wife to get the correct name in Passport and re-apply again...
        Or
        He/she may approve the Visa - and visa will be stamped with the wrong name(as per the passport) -which may have future problems as I already mentioned...

So to answer your question in short- YES....Visa maybe refused if Visa Officer comes to know that Name is wrong in the Passport and may ask to re-apply again with the correct name

Thanks and Regards,
        Abhay

Comment

Concerns for wrong name petition/passport/visa stamping

HI

I HAVE H4 VISA and having same issue, in my passport name is correct TITHI SINGH ie my first and my visa name is TITHI and surname is SINGH.
          My passport was generated before our Marriage.
          I do not have surname in my passport but my surname is mentioned in my visa stamp)
          Now We are already facing issue for getting state ID/Drivers license for me.
          Should I be requesting to change my name in new passport with my husband or should I retain my old name as mentioned in my petition and just get my spouse name added into my passport. Now we r planning to travel India in June 13..
          Please advice immediately

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X