H1B Visa Stamping during Transfer to another Employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Stamping during Transfer to another Employer

I have been working with Employer A and Client A since 3 Years. Had to return to India in August 2020 due to Family Emergency.
    After a lot of struggle got Expedited Appointment on Jan 14(Finger printing completed pending with consular appointment), but Employer A told me that company is in merger process and I cannot attend Interview until 2 months.
    So I postponed my Appointment to Jan 29 and will apply for H1B transfer Premium to Employer B on Jan18(LCA submitted on Jan 11), Client will be same.
    Given the timeline, I may or maynot receive Employer B's 797 copy. Can you please let me know if it is ok I can carry Employer A's 797 copy which is valid until December 2021 and get stamping.
    Employer B will be providing me Receipt number, Employer Letter and all documentation required.

Hi Member,
    If you have got approval with new petition then you must carry the documents which is relating to the recent most petition..

By the way, what did you do on your case. Kindly share the action you took on this.

Thanks

Comment

I'm in similar situation.

I’m an Indian citizen working on an H1-B visa(Currently in the USA) for the employer A and scheduled the dropbox appointment in March 2022 using employer A latest approved H1 petition number. Now I got another offer from another employer B and they’re filing the H1 transfer + premium processing now and hopefully it will be processed in Feb.

Consider if Employer B petition is approved, Can I create a new DS160 using Employer B approved H1 petition details and share the new DS160 at dropbox interview for the stamping even though initially given DS160 details got changed? Will it be okay ? Can you please advise.

How to update the recently approved H1 petition details in both DS160 and VFS Dropbox interview request? I understand that we need to create new DS160 using new petition number and take it with you for the dropbox, but how did you update the new H1 petition number on Dropbox interview request ? Could you please advise.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X