Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer Time line

Hello everyone ,
    I currently work for company A and company B has offered me a position and after my acceptance is following through with a h1B transfer.
    My question :
    Can i take a break from my last day at Company A and start date at Company B? I would like to travel within the US (NOT INTERNATIONALLY).
    what would my immigration status be if I were to take that time off work where I would not be on the payroll of either companies?

Any kind of advice/suggestions/opinions will help.

regrs,
    maveric

You will be out of status on H1B.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

would a 2 week gap between new jobs hurt my status? what are the possible issues i will encounter (If it was out of status on H1b) ?

Comment

It's very hard to predict. Last year one of my friend applied for the 7th year H1B extension based on the approved I-140. Received an RFE from USCIS to submit all the previous W2's and approval notices. 2007's W2 (2 years back) showed less income compare to the filed H1B petition and so the extension was denied. So it depends on how deep they check your records. If you may have to go for stamping and if they figure out that you were out of status by looking into your pay slips, then there are chances that you may receive an 221g for more documents or sometime even the visa can be denied. But sometimes, none of these will happen. That's why I mentioned that it is very hard to predict.

Originally posted by iamamaveric View Post
        would a 2 week gap between new jobs hurt my status? what are the possible issues i will encounter (If it was out of status on H1b) ?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thats cool.. thanks. appreciate it!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X