Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New employeer i94 expire but got new i797A

Hi ,

I have a question : If one changed their employer and got new i797a (this will have new i94 date associated with it) which is valid till for example dec 2020 , also for example if i94 which shows online expired on may 2020 (this was with previous employeer) & the person never left usa after they got new i797a , then from may 2020 to dec 2020 will automatically new i94 get into effect or one needs to do some procedure to activate new i94 ? Also for above case do one needs to get visa stamped within 1 year ?

If you got an I-94 it automatically comes into effect and supersedes any previously-issued I-94. You never need to get a visa unless you need to leave the US and re-enter.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

newacct thank you for reply , by i94 I meant i797a has i94 attached at lower part of it , the person has not left the country and got new i94 as I stated above , so that i94 is consider as new i94 correct ?

Comment

Originally posted by querySolver View Post
        newacct thank you for reply , by i94 I meant i797a has i94 attached at lower part of it , the person has not left the country and got new i94 as I stated above , so that i94 is consider as new i94 correct ?
        Yes. That is a paper I-94.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X