H4 EAD / ILLINOIS DL Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 EAD / ILLINOIS DL Query

hello- my H4 EAD was valid till 12/23/20..applied for renewal back in Sep but havent heard anything since..meanwhile wife received her H1 renewal first wk of Jan. Also my DL in illinois expired with the visa on 12/23 but thankfully Illinois has ruled to auto extend all such cases till June due to Covid.

Doesnt the fact that my wife got her renwal mean that my H4 is also now valid for next 3yrs automatically?
    Also, any ideas on the time lines for getting some update on my EAD?

On the license - can i go for renewal and show my wife's H1 approval letter as proof of valid proof?

Hi,
    Please see my response below.
    Doesnt the fact that my wife got her renwal mean that my H4 is also now valid for next 3yrs automatically?
    Answer: No. Not like that. You will need to make sure once you get H4 Approval.
    Any ideas on the time lines for getting some update on my EAD?
    Answer: Once you get H4 Approval then only H4 EAD will be processed. Now a days it will take any where between 4 to 12 months.
    On the license - can i go for renewal and show my wife's H1 approval letter as proof of valid proof?
    Answer: I don't think, it will be suggested one and accepted process by concern department. In order to proof your maintenance of status, you will need to show your H4 approval or receipt notice.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X