H1B visa after 6 years cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa after 6 years cap

I had my H1b with employer A until Feb 2020 while my perm was pending. My employer and lawyer suggested I go to india before jan2020 to avoid filing h1 under lottery process because I would be eligible to file h1 extension after I have an approved i140. I now have an approved i140 with the employer and will be filing h1b extension. I want to know if once i have an approved h1 i797, then:

1. Can I apply for visa stamping before march 31 ?
    2. Will I be eligible for dropbox ? (My last stamping was with Employer X in May2018 valid until Dec 2019)
    3. Will I be part of h1b travel exempt ? (not very clear on the exempt criteria)

thank you

Hi Member,

1. Can I apply for visa stamping before march 31 ?
    Answer: After you got H1B Approval, you can go for visa stamping any time.

2. Will I be eligible for dropbox ? (My last stamping was with Employer X in May2018 valid until Dec 2019)
    Answer: If you still have not gone for stamping, Even now you will be eligible for Interview waiver.

3. Will I be part of h1b travel exempt ? (not very clear on the exempt criteria)
    Answer: I dont understand this question.. May be when you posted this question, there was some travel restriction.. It might be about that.. In the current situation, there is no restrictions for H1B holders to travel.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X