Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on H1B Can you take 1099 from Real Estate Agent

Hi ,

I'm on H1B visa and have approved I-140. Recently I purchased a home for which I got commission back from real estate company from where I purchased from the real estate agent as a referral. The Real estate company will issue 1099 to me.

Today, I read on an article which says " H1B holders should not show other income in the taxes because that will effect their Green card process in future as USCIS sees the last five year taxes during the process."

Will this create any problem for my green card or further H1B Renewal ?

Can I accept payment from Real estate company ?

Is it okay to get 1099 during on H1B visa from Real estate?

Now I'm very much worried about my green card though I never employed with any other company
    (apart from my H1B sponsor).

Looking for response ASAP?.

Appreciate your time and support.

Thanks in advance.

On H1B visa you can not accept any payment from any one except your employer.

** Not a legal advice

Comment

I understand that real estate investments are the most promising. My uncle has been in this business for ten years. I want to join it and make my investment. But I don't want to let him down, so I decided to prepare for it. I read much information on the Internet about how transactions are conducted about what nuances may arise during the legal registration. It is effortless to miss one of the points and be left without money. But, on the other hand, it is essential to understand which property is the most profitable.
      Last edited by LisaPullman; 06-14-2021, 07:47 AM.

Comment

As far as I know, you should not have been paid this money while on a work visa. This is a violation for which you may be fined or even have your documents revoked, so be careful with this situation. My friend had a problem when she needed to get a job on a work visa, but she did not take into account that, in this case, she should already know where she was going to work. She had already bought an apartment, which had to be urgently sold. It was a terrible stress for her, so be careful.
        Last edited by sashavalenzano55; 06-09-2022, 03:32 AM.

Comment

The real estate company should have let you know all these details. Indeed, H1B holders should not show other tax revenues, as this will affect their Green Card process in the future. You should not have been paid this money while on a work visa. The real estate agent should let you know about these things. I'm sorry they didn't do it. I am also a real estate investor, but when I see such situations, I notify the buyer of all these details. You understand that everyone wants money, but we have to do it correctly. I'm not in a hurry for money because all my steps are done according to brrrr, and I know that everything I do will be profitable. And that's why I let my clients know all the smallest details they must consider before buying a house.
          Last edited by nevenkaconsiders; 07-12-2022, 09:44 AM.

Comment

The requirements for obtaining an H1-B visa can be difficult to fulfill because first, you must be hired by an American company ready to act as your sponsor. Competition for jobs in America is very high, and the demand for American immigration visas is growing daily. In addition, there is a limit on the number of visas issued annually. Therefore, I believe that buying a house should not affect obtaining a visa. However, if in doubt, I advise you to contact Mortgage Advice Manchester. I always turn to them when I have questions about documents.
            Last edited by federed; 07-10-2022, 06:42 PM.

Comment

The requirements for obtaining an H1-B visa can be difficult to fulfill because first, you must be hired by an American company ready to act as your sponsor. Competition for jobs in America is very high, and the demand for American immigration visas is growing daily.

Comment

It seems to me that there is something in this. When it comes to green cards, you can expect anything. Even buying real estate can be a problem. It's weird, but I think you'd better play it safe. I think you can find answers to your questions about buying real estate at https://timthomas.co/signs-of-a-housing-market-crash/. This should help you deal with the situation. Or contact an attorney for advice. In any case, I wish you good luck.
                Last edited by Cobainik; 07-23-2022, 07:19 AM.

Comment

I think everything should be written in the contract, but most likely you can only spend those commissions to repair the room. If I were you, I'd repaint the walls and buy glass doors, because they look really cool in the room. I just replaced in my house with similar doors for cheap and they look very cool, have never let me down yet. But it all depends on what it says in the contract about the commission.
                  Last edited by DeniroDin; 10-05-2022, 09:26 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X