Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attending H-1B Visa Interview w/ A New Job Offer

Hello everyone,

First time posting, I'd appreciate it if anyone can shed light on my situation.

I am currently out of the US and have an H-1B interview scheduled for late Apr with an I-797B approval from my current employer. Meanwhile, some other companies have approached me, and we have started negotiation on the package. My question is - if another company extends me a job offer and gets me another I-797B approval, can I still attend the scheduled visa interview with the new job offer?

My attorney said it might be OK, although the consulate would likely ask me for a new DS-160. He suggested I should reach out to the consulate for clarification. The problem is that there is no way to reach anyone working at the consulate by phone or email. So I'm resorting to this community for help. Does anyone have an experience like this?

My concern is that they ask me to make a new visa appointment, which would mean September at the earliest. In that case, I would prefer to get the visa stamp first. Thanks for your time!

Hi,
    You can modify your DS 160 if you have not submitted.. but, Just need to get clarification... Have you filed your H1B transfer petition and got Approved? If you have got your H1B Transfer approved, with that, you can attend interview? But as I stated, if you have not submitted your DS 160 and just saved then you can edit.. Otherwise, you will need to fill new DS 160 with New Employer details.. And also, if you reach customer care of consulate they will help you, how to change DS 160 Confirmation number in Appointment scheduling page.
    Thanks
    Last edited by rkk09; 02-22-2021, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rkk09 View Post
      Hi,
      You can modify your DS 160 if you have not submitted.. but, Just need to get clarification... Have you filed your H1B transfer petition and got Approved? If you have got your H1B Transfer approved, with that, you can attend interview? But as I stated, if you have not submitted your DS 160 and just saved then you can edit.. Otherwise, you will need to fill new DS 160 with New Employer details.. And also, if you reach customer care of consulate they will help you, how to change DS 160 Confirmation number in Appointment scheduling page.
      Thanks
      Thank you for your reply, rkk09.
      I had to submit the DS-160 when scheduling my visa interview. So it seems I should fill out a new DS-160 to err on the side of caution.
      Not sure how to reach the customer care of US Consulates in Canada, I will try to figure out how I can change the DS 160 confirmation number on my appointment.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X