Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How crucial is it to get I140 transferred to your new employer if 485 isn't imminent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How crucial is it to get I140 transferred to your new employer if 485 isn't imminent?

My priority will not become current for at least 10-12 years unless the laws change. I am about to exhaust 6 years of my H1. I am aware that I-140 should be with your current employer at the time of filing I-485 but that won't happen anytime soon. So should I get my I-140 transferred with every change in employer? For example, E1 filed my I-140. Can I join E2 and work there for three years, join E3 and stay there for three years and so on, with my I-140 still remaining with E1? I'm talking about a normal course in which an employee can move through 3-4 different companies in 15 years.

Thanks!

Hi,
    Yes. you can extend your H1B beyond 6 years with I-140 Approval that you got from your previous Employer. But one thing you will need to make sure, your I-140 approval was not withdrawn by your sponsoring Employer within 180 days of filing. If you crossed 180 days with your previous Employer, who sponsored I-140 then you can extend your H1B with any Employer in future.
    Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X