Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: L1 to H1B, Going to complete 5 yrs on L1B

Hi Friends,

I hope to get some replays with more information soon, as its urgent and very important:
    • I am on L1 B visa from Company A and working at client location with Client A.
    • My L1 B expires on Apr 2011 but I am going to complete 5 yrs on L1 B in Dec 2010, so Company A is going to start process of L1 B to L1 A conversion soon.
    • Meanwhile Client A is interested to hire me on their payroll.

Que:
    1. What are my options now?
    2. Can Client A apply for fresh H1 visa for me for this year? In that case can I start working from 1 Oct with them?
    3. How much time this new H1 process takes? Is there any premium processing?
    4. Meanwhile should I proceed with my L1B to L1A or not?
    5. If Client only does H1 transfers but not new H1s, do I have any other option?
    6. Any other things I need to take care to avaoid any trouble?

Please reply me ASAP, as I need to decide this ASAP

1)
    2) Yes. Yes.
    3) 2-3 months. Yes. $1000 extra for a response in 15 days.
    4) Yes, you can.
    5) No.
    6)

Comment

Thanks for the reply. But....

One more question is, I read at so many places about "L1 to H1B CoE(Change of Status)". Is it same as H1 transfer, is it same as fresh H1 or its a new thing?

From what I read, it looks like its easy to fill up a form for CoE and you can start working with company B on H1 visa from Oct 1 (once its approved).

Also you said I can do side by side L1B to L1A process. But isn't it risky to do both at the same time?

Comment

1) If you never had H1 in the last 6 years, Yes it's like new H1.
        2) Where did you read? It's wrong. Any time, you need to follow the same procedure for H1. If you already have H1, you won't be subject to cap. That's the only difference.
        3) What risk?

Read FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X