X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regd H1B renewal info / clarifications

Hello Sir,

I have a query that is ...

My H1B visa expires on 31st Aug 2010. My employer has already applied for my H1B visa extension and we have receipt that the application has been received by USCIS on 1st July 2010. Its been one month since we haven't received any info and the online status sys it is in Initial Review. We don't know the exact reason.

In case i receive the visa extension i have a plan of visiting my mother who is in India. I understand i cannot re-enter US without the new visa stamping. So in order for my passport to get visa stamped i need to schedule an appointment with the US Consulate in India. This all would take atleast 2-3 weeks time until i get my passport visa stamped. I am planning to visit only for a week.

Instead i wanted to check whether it is possible that i could get my passport visa stamped here while i am in US and then visit India. This way i save lot of time and can get back to work as early as possible. Please forgive my ignorances!!

I would appreciate if you could provide some info/ suggestions that can save time!!
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

It is not possible to get visa stamped in the U.S. as there is no place to go to or send it to.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X