USMLE CS discontinuation and H1b eligibility for Resident Physician

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USMLE CS discontinuation and H1b eligibility for Resident Physician

I have recently got a residency position offered in internal medicine in a United states hospital.
    I am planning to apply for an H1b visa.( Capped exempted and qualify for speciality occupation)
    I have all the documentation available required for H1b but because of Covid-19 USMLE CS is permanently discontinued so I don’t have USMLE CS score available and I was ECFMG certified through Pathways and OET( Occupational English Test for Doctors) as alternative to USMLE CS.
    Traditionally ECFMG certification required Step 1, Step 2 CK, and Step 2 CS, but we were certified through Step 1, Step 2 Ck, and Pathways/OET.
    With the same ECFMG certification, I got residency training, passed Step 3, and got a state license as well.
    The question is how much non availability of USMLE CS Score due to its permanent discontinuation will affect our eligibility for an H1b visa from USCIS and should I consider J1 as a backup?
    And can we apply for both H1 and J1 at the same time, and whether applying for both can affect our chance of getting H1b.
    Your response will be appreciated
    Thank you

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X