Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping Experience during COVID

Hello All,

Thought to share my experience of H1B Stamping during COVID and that too when the H1B ban was in place.

1. I am working in Albany and drove all the way to Toronto for my Stamping.
    2. After booking two appointments with the consulate the third time i finally got a date for March 2021.
    3. I am a Canada PR holder and after entering Canada I had to undergo the mandatory 14 day quarantine after which i attended my interview.
    4. For the Interview i was only asked to provide my Passport,I797,Offer letter,LCA and I129S (I did not have I129S and the officer said it was ok).
    5. I was then redirected to the second counter where in the second officer asked me the below questions:-
    a. Where i was living and working?
    b. Annual Income.
    c. Job duties and responsibilities.
    d. Name of Certifications I had taken and trainings i had undergone.
    e. Name and address of employer.
    f. End Client Name.
    6. After asking all these questions he retains my documents and tells me that they need to do additional checks and they will return my documents in 7-14 days.
    7. I ask him if its administrative processing and he replies yes but does not issue me any slips.
    8. On the CEAC website my initial status showed as Refused but on the 6th day it changed to Administrative processing and on the 13th day it changed to Issued.
    9. I finally got my passport and petition back on the 16th day.
    10. In between I did send couple of reminders to the consulate to confirm if my application was being processed.

Administrative processing was scary as hell but somehow I was lucky to have made it.

Hope this helps all the folks who are in the same boat.

Hi,
    Thanks for sharing your Experience.. It really helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X