No announcement yet.

Urgent help required - Last day to file new H1B transfer with approved I-140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help required - Last day to file new H1B transfer with approved I-140

Hi all!
    My last day of work is 30th April. H-1B visa is expiring on the same day, actually that’s my contract end date. Current employer is not finding any other position for me. However my 194 is valid till 10th May 2021.
    Am I eligible for 60 days grace period (from 1st May - 30th June 2021)?

If not do I have to leave the country by 10th May?

If I find a new employer till what date the new employer can file for new H-1B based on an approved I-140 approved (approved 7 years back).

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
    If your current H1B got withdrawn or expired then you can find New H1B Employment within 60 days or I94 validity whichever is lesser. If your I-94 validity is less than 60 days then it will be considered to take action. If your I-94 is valid for more than 60 days then you will have only 60 days of time to transfer your Employment to another H1B Employer.
    Hope this clarifies.
    Thanks

Comment

Thanks so much for replying.

If my spouse and I apply for a change of status to B2 visa (my kids are US citizens) can I still apply for a job? Once I do get a job can I start the job immediately or do we need to step out of the country to get our visa stamped?

Kindly let me know, thanks!

Comment

Hi,
        When you do change of status, you will need to be a status at the time of filing.. If you do change of status from H1B to B, You can not work but you can be in USA with the help of receipt notice.. When you get employment offer again, you will need to file an H1B petition. But please make sure, this time you will need to wait for your H1B Approval to start working..
        Thanks

Comment

Thanks so much!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X