X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Stamping Questionaire in Mumbai Please help

OPT Start Date: Jan 2009
    Full OPT End Date: May 2011

I Started working for Comp A (on A part Time basis - 40hr a week) from Feb 2009 on my OPT. Comp B (Consulting Firm) Offered me job with
    their client X and applied for ma H1-b Visa thru consular Processing in April 2009 (approved). The project went on an un-conditional hold
    and I didnt get an oppurtunity to work for Comp B. I continued working for Comp A again on a full time basis and Comp A
    Extended ma OPT too. now Comp A wants to hire me for a long time and I asked them to sponsor me a H1-B visa, but they being an
    NGO couldnt do so, but said that they can hire me in the Role of a contractor and pay the Company which sponsors me a H1-B
    Visa. thus I started working for Comp A as a contractor thru Comp B. I m planning to go for the Visa stamping in Jan 2011

My Question is what will I be answering if the VO asks me the following Questions?

VO: why didnt you continue working for Comp B which sponsored u a H1-B visa on ur opt?
    Ans) can i tell "They couldnt find me another job"

VO: why are you working for Comp B now?
    Ans)

Also i would appreciate anybody sharing other probable Questions the VO may Ask me.

You can say that you were wanting to use the OPT and it's benefits completely before moving to H1b and that is why you chose a consular processing for the H1b in the first place than a COS. The company should have a job to sponsor a H1b. They couldn't find a job is lame.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hey but wait. what if he asks me why did I work for him through out ma OPT and why am I working for him now,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X