H4 Traveling to India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Traveling to India

My wife and kid is traveling to India Next month and will return in December... who has valid Visa till Feb2011 from Employer A.

Now I have transferd my H1B to another Employer B and Approval got new I94 till Dec 2012.

In Return from india should they go for Stamping again ? even though they have valid stamping through my employer A. ?

or they can come back by showing my new approval , I94 documents at port of entry ?

Please some one suggest

H4 has nothing to do with you changing employers. H4 is based on your maintaining your valid H1B status. They can travel back as long as their H4 visa is valid. By showing your extended petition (Not your I-94) they can get a new I-94 at the POE upon their return.

The answer to this question is already there in the FAQ section of immihelp.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

They do not need to apply for the Visa again. But if your new petition is extended for a longer duration, they could get the Visa for the extended duration based on this new petition. If they have plenty of time, it can be useful to get new Visa since they will not be able to travel outside and return after Feb 2011.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X