Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B interview - 221g pink slip and passport taken by chennai consulate

Hi All,

I had attended my L1B interview at the Chennai consulate. The interview was little stressful and the VO was not convinced with my Indian salary saying this is not the pay given for a specialized knowledge professional. I had given him supporting docs and explanation as to why my knowledge is special. After a brief pause, he had said that he is approving my VISA and wants me to go to a different counter for an administrative check and had returned my documents. I went to another counter, where my passport and all documents were taken and they had issued me a pink slip stating that the process is on hold for admin review and no action is needed from my side and had given me a case number. The officer at the second counter also said that my visa is definitely approved and the admin review will take 5 weeks after which my passport will be dispatched with the stamping.

Experts.. i am really concerned reading the forums on the fate of a 221g pink slip and very confused if my passport will be retained for ages or my visa will get rejected. Would really appreciate your expert advise and sharing of similar experiences, so that i can figure out a pattern on this issue.

please help

I had attended my L1B interview at the Chennai consulate. The interview was little stressful and the VO was not convinced with my Indian salary saying this is not the pay given for a specialized knowledge professional. I had given him supporting docs and explanation as to why my knowledge is special. After a brief pause, he had said that he is approving my VISA and wants me to go to a different counter for an administrative check and had returned my documents. I went to another counter, where my passport and all documents were taken and they had issued me a pink slip stating that the process is on hold for admin review and no action is needed from my side and had given me a case number. The officer at the second counter also said that my visa is definitely approved and the admin review will take 5 weeks after which my passport will be dispatched with the stamping.

Experts.. i am really concerned reading the forums on the fate of a 221g pink slip and very confused if my passport will be retained for ages or my visa will get rejected. Would really appreciate your expert advise and sharing of similar experiences, so that i can figure out a pattern on this issue.

---- As the VO has said, your visa is approved and only AP remains. Be positive that things are going in the right direction and you should receive your Passport with a stamped visa sooner or later

Subramanya
    Last edited by Subramanya; 08-13-2010, 07:52 AM. Reason: correctiosn

Comment

Thanks so much Subramanya.

Just 2 questions.

I hear from lot of folks that if the passport is taken, then its almost like getting the approval as the embassy at no cost would want to hold the passport unless they are willing to approve. Is this theory true?

Also, some say that they might give the approval after some 5 - 6 months.. by the time.. the client would have sought out for another employee for the open position. Is this concern valid ?

Comment

Just 2 questions.

I hear from lot of folks that if the passport is taken, then its almost like getting the approval as the embassy at no cost would want to hold the passport unless they are willing to approve. Is this theory true?

---- Yes, it is true most of the time. But relax and keep your fingers crossed till you receive the Passport back with the stamped visa. Wish you good luck

Also, some say that they might give the approval after some 5 - 6 months.. by the time.. the client would have sought out for another employee for the open position. Is this concern valid ?

---- If they have not taken the Passport, mostly thr 5-6 months period is true. Yes people truly have lost clients, jobs and other assets that are endless to be listed

Subramanya

Comment

L1-A Visa Stamping @ Chennai Consulate - Pink Slip given and passport taken

Hello,

We had a Visa appt at the Chennai Consulate today to get L1 A stamp on my passport and L2 for my wife. The first consular asked us few questions, said our papers are all in order but sent us to another consular officer for administrative processing. She asked us few questions, took our documents and our passports and handed back a pink slip to us (221G). She even said that your visa has been approved for now and that we'll get our passports back in 8-10 weeks.

We are very concerned. Dear expert kindly please advise on the following -

1) Are our chances of approval good given that the consular took the passports from us.
          2) Typically how many weeks will it take for us to get our passports back.

Dear VALK - in how many weeks did you receive your passport and was it good news?

Thanks,
          FTC

Comment

1) Are our chances of approval good given that the consular took the passports from us.
            >>> Hard to predict. You will have to wait until the admin process gets completed.

>>> It is impossible to predict since each case is different. Follow these threads.

http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83302
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for your response

This is so frustrating! She did say 'your visa has been approved' ... hope that is true indeed.

Comment

Thanks for your response

This is so frustrating! She did say 'your visa has been approved' ... hope that is true indeed.

Btw have you come across any cases where the passports have been returned within 2 weeks?

Comment

Btw have you come across any cases where the passports have been returned within 2 weeks?
                  >>> Yes. If you search immihelp, you will find out similar experience posted by the members. It has also taken more than 6 months in few cases. That is why it is each case dependent and the timeline is hard to predict.
                  Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Pink slip

Thank you!! The hellish wait begins!!

Comment

Mine was the same case and i got my PP in one week

No documents asked on pink slip

Comment

L1a

You are very lucky Ragsun. Congrats.

Last Monday was our appointment and today it is 1 week!! Been tracking on the VFS passport tracker ( still says processing in US embassy/consulate) and on that chennai admin processing PDF file (shows pending against our case number)

Did you call the consulate often in that one week? Is their some other place we could track this aswel? And most importantly, was yours a L1A case too?

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Comment

hi

hi,
                          I am also going through the same situation.

Did u get the VISA???

Comment

Originally posted by ftc View Post
                            Hello,

We had a Visa appt at the Chennai Consulate today to get L1 A stamp on my passport and L2 for my wife. The first consular asked us few questions, said our papers are all in order but sent us to another consular officer for administrative processing. She asked us few questions, took our documents and our passports and handed back a pink slip to us (221G). She even said that your visa has been approved for now and that we'll get our passports back in 8-10 weeks.

We are very concerned. Dear expert kindly please advise on the following -

Dear VALK - in how many weeks did you receive your passport and was it good news?

Thanks,
                            FTC

Hi

DID u get your VISA stamped??? As i am going through the same situation...! please tell

Comment

Hi,

I'm also with you..I attended last week..passport retained and pink slip 221g no documents asked..

valk,ftc or any one got positive news..

kindly update its really terrible and it seems days are very slow...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X