L1B interview - 221g pink slip and passport taken by chennai consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine L1B also went to 221g in June 4th 2012

I attended L1B interview on chennai consulate on june 8th 2012, VO just asked 2 ques, employer name and type of relationship of employer with client and given me 221g pink slip, went to counter 31 and got case number with no documents asked, They kept documents along with passport,i am still waiting update and case is pending process.
    I have couple questions.
    I have approved h1B petition from another US employer who is major IT giant, but because my passport is not with me and i cant go for visa stamping, has anyone used any process to withdraw passport from the consulate and how much time it takes. I talked to VFS and they asked to send them email which i did last week but still did not get any reply from them, i need my passport urgently please suggest me what should i do, i am in delhi right now and would it make sense to fly to chennai consulate on any working day to get my passport or i have to just wait for the reply from VFS which may take weeks. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Got 221g on L1B at chennai consulate on June 8th 2012 , still waiting

I attended L1B interview on chennai consulate on june 8th 2012, VO just asked 2 ques, employer name and type of relationship of employer with client and given me 221g pink slip, went to counter 31 and got case number with no documents asked, They kept documents along with passport,i am still waiting update and case is pending process.
      I have couple questions.
      I have approved h1B petition from another US employer who is major IT giant, but because my passport is not with me and i cant go for visa stamping, has anyone used any process to withdraw passport from the consulate and how much time it takes. I talked to VFS and they asked to send them email which i did last week but still did not get any reply from them, i need my passport urgently please suggest me what should i do, i am in delhi right now and would it make sense to fly to chennai consulate on any working day to get my passport or i have to just wait for the reply from VFS which may take weeks. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Comment

I have gone through the situation which is as mentioned below... L1 B Blanket, Chennai Consulate, Kept the Passport and other documents, No checking of documents done....

Waiting for the reply for last 14 days.... (Oct 3rd 2013 was the interview date)..

Does it mean that even if there is delay.... you will be getting VISA Stamped?

Rgds,
        Neel

Comment

L1B 221(g): My timeline

First of all thank you to the members of this community for sharing their experience and insight.

I had a lot of help reading the threads and now I want to give back.

My visa timeline;

1) Type of visa applied: L1B blanket (with spouse on L2)

2) Date of receipt of petition from employer: 24 Dec 2014

3) VAC date (fingerprint and photo): 2nd Jan 2015
          4) Interview date: 8th Jan 2015 at Chennai Consulate

5) Received 221(g) blue slip after interview, visa officer (VO) asked resume and told to check back in two weeks.

6) Checked status on CEAC website on 13th Jan 2015: Status: Administrative processing

7) Checked status on CEAC on 20th Jan: Administrative processing

8) Checked status on CEAC on 3rd Feb: Issued

9) Got email on registered e-mail id to pick the passport on 4th Feb 2015.

I am still to collect my passport but I feel relieved now.

Things I learned:
          1. Be patient
          2. Visa issuing authorities take there own time, it cannot be influenced in any way.
          3. The passport status check (on ustraveldocs website) and visa application status (on CEAC website) works pretty well.
          4. The status "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted" does not necessarily means your passport has gone missing from the consulate. Its just that they have not updated the latest status.

Good luck all.
          Last edited by ak1; 02-04-2015, 10:27 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X