Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWOP on F1 stamp- Help me URGENT

Hi to all members,

In past, I was in the USA on F1 visa. After completion of study, I got approval for h1b petition from one employer and gone through stamping procedure. Visa officer has approved my H1b visa and wrote something as word like "CWOP " or "CWP" on entire F1 visa stamp. I can not say perfect word because writing is not well.

And they stamped H1b VISA on my passport . I have done job in USA for 9 months and lost job after that. Again came back to home country India. After struggling of four months, I got new job offer and got new H1b pettion approved.

Now I am preparing for H1b Visa stamping. But while filling DS 160 there is one question" Has your US VISA ever been cancelled or revocked?"

I am confused ,what to write about my F1 VISA. Cancelled or revoked? and IF I write yes, what to write in explanation? If I write my F1 VISA was cancelled in past ,is it create any problem during new h1b visa stamping?

Please advice me. I will appreciate you help.

Thanks in advance.

Please advice me.

Subramanya, shervin143 or other member please reply to this post.

I am confused.

Comment

Please help me

Comment

Answer yes, and write F1 visa canceled without prejudice (CWOP) due to H1 visa issuance. It will not affect your new H1 visa application. Also, if your previous H1 visa is valid, you can use that itself along with new petition approval notice to enter the US.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X