Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New H4 visa

Hi,
    I am on H1B visa. I will be getting married in Aug 2021. My company will not initiate H4 visa until I submit proof of marriage and at this time, wait times are long. Can I fill DS160 form for H4 now schedule appointments around Aug/Sep. Since DS160 date is before wedding date, once I get married, can I submit a new DS160 and update the ustraveldocs profile and use that for interview ?

Any suggestion is appreciated

​​​​​​​Thanks

Hi,
    Instead of filing H4 petition, Its better to get visa at foreign US consulate.. Its better to complete all the process now like filing DS 160, scheduling Appointments. No need of filing new DS 160 form after you get married.. But, Please make sure to have all the documents at the time of Interview..
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rkk09 View Post
      Hi,
      Instead of filing H4 petition, Its better to get visa at foreign US consulate.. Its better to complete all the process now like filing DS 160, scheduling Appointments. No need of filing new DS 160 form after you get married.. But, Please make sure to have all the documents at the time of Interview..
      Thanks
      Hi,

Thanks for the response.
      Yes. I am planning to get Visa from a consulate in India. Can I do it without involving my employer?

Also, I am concerned if there will be any denial or any other problems if DS160 is submitted before the wedding date as my fiancee will be unmarried at that time and not eligible for H4 visa.

Comment

Hi,
        Can I do it without involving my employer?
        Answer: Yes.. You can.. There is no need of getting help from your Employer.. But Please make sure, your spouse needs H1B related documents while she/he go for Visa stamping..

Better, Dont submit DS 160 form.. Just fill all the details and save.. With that, you go ahead and book the appointment... After you get married and complete other process, then you can submit and attend the interview.. Why because, If you submit the DS 160, then you can not edit the form again..
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rkk09 View Post
          Hi,
          Can I do it without involving my employer?
          Answer: Yes.. You can.. There is no need of getting help from your Employer.. But Please make sure, your spouse needs H1B related documents while she/he go for Visa stamping..

Better, Dont submit DS 160 form.. Just fill all the details and save.. With that, you go ahead and book the appointment... After you get married and complete other process, then you can submit and attend the interview.. Why because, If you submit the DS 160, then you can not edit the form again..
          Thanks
          Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

1) Are H4 Visa appointments have different queue at consulates over F1 and H1B ?
            My guess is as soon a US consulates open . lets say in June 2021 there will be a huge rush of people trying to get interview slots

2) can H4 and H4EAD be applied together and covered under same US appointment

please share your thoughts

Comment

Hi,
              H4 visa can get from consulate.. But H4 EAD, you need to file the petition with USCIS.. You can file both the petition together when you be in USA.. Later, if you have travel plan and planning to get visa from consulate you can get H4 visa. Once you get H4 visa from consulate, Please withdraw H4 petition that you filed. And H4 EAD petition will remain for adjudication.
              Thanks

Comment

The requirements for getting a visa in the US vary depending on your circumstances. For instance, the H4 visa is normally issued to immediate family members. According to the law, they should be H1-B visa holders to qualify for getting the H4 visa. The latter enables family members to come to the US and settle there.
                In your case no need to fill DS160 form for H4. Your can apply for your H-4 visa directly at the consulate after you get married. You must have proof of the legal marriage to show to the consulate, e.g., a certificate of marriage. You should contact a competent and top immigration attorneys In USA for advice specific to your situation.

Comment

Hi,
                  DS 160 form is important for Non-Immigrant visa holder to get visa at US consular office.. In order to obtain H4 visa at US consulate, Applicant must fill and submit DS 160 form, make payment, Schedule Appointment then final process.
                  Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X