L1 to H1 and F1 to H4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 and F1 to H4

I am Currently Working with company XYZ since 5 1/2 years.
    I came here 2 1/2 yrs ago on Blanket L1 and the same company filed my H1 an year ago.
    I am going to india this october 0f 2010 and will need to go for H1 Stamping.
    I was handed over the documents by the company law firm who deals with the visa processing.

1)Is there anything i need to worry about my stamping?

2)My Fiance is currently on F1 and is it a good idea if she converts to H4 at the same time when i go for stamping after our marriage?

please advice
    Last edited by Rajbsekhar; 08-17-2010, 02:18 PM.

1) No
    2) Yes

Comment

what if my wife travels here(US) on F1 and apply for status change to H4 from here(US). She has her F1 valid until mid of January 2011.

Comment

It really depends on what your choice is. If she wants to return on F1 after the wedding and use the OPT, she can. If she returns on H4, F1 will get cancelled and she may not be able to work on-campus or use OPT.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

How long will it ususally take if we apply for F1 to H4 Change in the US?

Comment

Processing time may vary from one processing center to another. Normal processing time is anywhere between 1 - 3 months.

Originally posted by Rajbsekhar View Post
            How long will it ususally take if we apply for F1 to H4 Change in the US?
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you for your suggetions

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X