Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B renewal denied in Calgary

Hi,
    I appeared for a H1b visa renewal at the Calgary US consulate today and was denied the visa. The officer didn't give me any specific reason for the denial and I presented all the documents she asked for. Her only response was that my application has to be sent to Washington DC consulate for administrative processing and I'll have to wait until I am notified and then reappear at the Calgary consulate for the visa.
    Coming to the question, I have a prescheduled trip to Peru from US. Now since I cannot enter US, is it possible to travel to Peru from Calgary and back to Calgary? I do have a multiple entry visitors visa to Canada and the flight is via Atlanta US but I don't think I need a US visa since I am not entering US. I also have a valid I-94 from my approved I-797 document.
    Can you please post your comments? Thanks and regards,

You can travel to Peru (or anywhere other than the US) and return to Canada whenever you are called. Did the consulate say how they will contact you?
    For US transit, check the transit Visa requirement on CBP dot gov website.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

You will have to travel to Peru without entering US as you need a transit visa. Check with the consulate if they can issue you a parole type letter which many have used to enter US on a Admin Process situation in the past.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X