Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg. 221G form Green slip

Hello to all,

My husband recently went to India on an emergency situation (Mother's death all of a sudden) want to perform her last rites, we didn't realize US emabassy in Delhi is giving 221g form to every one who is going there for visa stamping, We're staying here in USA from the last 10 years and my husband has been on visa since then last visa stamping in 2003 from delhi embassy, we're getting extensions for three years. Because of this situation my husband has to go to India. On July 23rd got this 221 g form green slip. His case is now in Admn processing, they've received the documents they and send his case to USCIS, please reply if anyone has gone through this situation, i'm reading blogs its really scary the time they are taking....................how long does it take to complete this admn processing from USCIS office,

Can he use Advance Parole that came and approved when he already left for India?

My husband recently went to India on an emergency situation (Mother's death all of a sudden) want to perform her last rites, we didn't realize US emabassy in Delhi is giving 221g form to every one who is going there for visa stamping, We're staying here in USA from the last 10 years and my husband has been on visa since then last visa stamping in 2003 from delhi embassy, we're getting extensions for three years. Because of this situation my husband has to go to India. On July 23rd got this 221 g form green slip. His case is now in Admn processing, they've received the documents they and send his case to USCIS, please reply if anyone has gone through this situation, i'm reading blogs its really scary the time they are taking....................how long does it take to complete this admn processing from USCIS office,

---- The normal time for processing such cases is 6-8 weeks (or the time mentioned by the VO at the time of visa interview. It may take longer and you browse through the experiences of various members at different US Consulates on a number of forums to get an idea about processing times

Can he use Advance Parole that came and approved when he already left for India?

---- Yes, he can return on a valid AP , but from then on his H1 will not be valid and he will have to continue working on EAD (if he does not have one, he has to apply immeduately (He can only start working on its approval and not before that---- It takes 3-4 months for approval)

Subramanya

Comment

221(g) Green for wife's H4

My wife went for her H4 Stamping on 17-Sep-2010 and was handed over a green 221(g). Her passport along with all the documents were returned. They have asked for all sort of documents from my employer.

I am presently in the US working at the client site. I wanted to know how much time it'd take after submitting the documents to get the visa? Please update me about your cases too guys.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X