Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 B Blanket rejected now, approved H1B petition from 2009

Hi
    My company A, L1B Blanket visa was rejected in US consulate now on the grounds "not specialized". I already had an approved H1B petition from a company B in US from 2009. Can I go for stamping H1B for company B ? What are the chances that H1B will be rejected ? Will my current L1B rejection affect my H1B visa interview ?

Will appreciate the response

Can I go for stamping H1B for company B ?
    >>> Yes.

What are the chances that H1B will be rejected ?
    >>> That depends on whether you can produce all the required documents.

Will my current L1B rejection affect my H1B visa interview ?
    >>> No.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Wont he ask why so soon...?

Thanks for the answer buddy, but wont he ask that your visa was just been rejected. Also H1B is a specialized skill and you are already been rejected for a specialized skill based visa (L1B) ?

Comment

If asked, then you need to prove that you have the required skills / qualification for the visa that you are applying.

https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/l1/

Originally posted by biyat View Post
        Thanks for the answer buddy, but wont he ask that your visa was just been rejected. Also H1B is a specialized skill and you are already been rejected for a specialized skill based visa (L1B) ?

Comment

Got Visa but for less year

Hi thanks, I got the H1B visa but the visa expiration date is less than a year of petition expiry date...any idea if this is a printing error or its the way its given.

For my wife this is correct as the petition expiry date

awaiting reply...

Comment

which consulate you went ?
            If you were carring client letter wich says the said date?

Hi thanks, I got the H1B visa but the visa expiration date is less than a year of petition expiry date...any idea if this is a printing error or its the way its given.

awaiting reply...

Comment

Usually the visa is given until the petition expiry date. If the passport expires sooner than the petition, then some VO's may issue the visa only till the passport expiry date.

awaiting reply...

Comment

passport valid till 2014

my passport is valid till 2014...dnt know why gave this date...

Comment

- my passport is valid till 2014
                  - my client letter says till end of 2011 i.e. dec 2010 (he did not see this).

my visa interview was very easy VO did not see any documents I took just approved the visa only seeing petition ....

can this be because in DS160 I had given approximate duration of stay as 1 year ? can this be corrected if I approach them again OR will it create more problem (of rejection possible?)

Comment

any update ? I went to Mumbai...

Comment

I don't think you can do anything now. Why did you give 1 year as the estimated duration of stay instead of the petition expiry date? Anyhow, visa is just an entry document to U.S. The I-94 that is given at the POE will tell you how long you can stay in U.S. So I don't think you need to worry much. When you enter U.S, you will most likely be given an I-94 till the petition expiry date.

When you leave the country and re-enter, you will need to have a valid visa. If your visa is expired at that time, you will need to go for stamping again using your existing petition.

- my passport is valid till 2014
                      - my client letter says till end of 2011 i.e. dec 2010 (he did not see this).

my visa interview was very easy VO did not see any documents I took just approved the visa only seeing petition ....

can this be because in DS160 I had given approximate duration of stay as 1 year ? can this be corrected if I approach them again OR will it create more problem (of rejection possible?)

Comment

Going on...

I went to US and started job, hopefully all goes well, had a lot of issue at Port of Entry though, was stopped for 2 hours for security and employment related check. They verified all the documents (I had all docs well maintained) and tried contact the client too, but since it was weekend they could not reach and reviewed my docs had a discussion with me about my past previous job experiences, went through letters and let me go. Though I missed my connecting flight still was able to get next one and reached safe.

I guess if you maintain your profile well and have right docs there should not be any issue. And make sure you communicate your employer and client properly, keep their contact numbers.

I gues I had to go thrugh all these because I fumbled while speaking at POE which made the officer suspicious, thanks to my employer who had written all employment related information in a letter addressed to them, the officer got whole picture by reading through.

Best o'luck guys !!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X