Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 COS - URGENT

Hi,

I am on H4 now. Applied for H1 with COS during May 2010 and waiting for the approval. Due to unavoidable situation I have to travel back to India by end of Aug 2010 and be back by end Sep 2010.

Incase if my H1 doesn't get approved before I leave, then I need to either apply for COS after coming here or I have to get my H1 stamped at India.

1. Can you pls let me know what is the procedure to apply for H1 stamping at Chennai consulate. As I am on H4, I don' have any pay stubs. Will here be any issues in getting the H1 stamped as well as at port of enry?

2. What is the procedure to apply for COS? How long would it take to get the approval? Will there be any rejection?

Pls let me know what is the best way out of these two

Thanks

1. Can you pls let me know what is the procedure to apply for H1 stamping at Chennai consulate. As I am on H4, I don' have any pay stubs. Will here be any issues in getting the H1 stamped as well as at port of enry?
    >>> Check these links
    https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-stamping-documents/

2. What is the procedure to apply for COS?
    >>> Your employer will take care of the COS form H4 to H1B.

How long would it take to get the approval?
    >>> 2-3 months by normal process and 15 days by premium.

Will there be any rejection?
    >>> Possible.

Pls let me know what is the best way out of these two
    >>> It depends. If yu get the H1Bvisa and enter U.S, you can start working immediately. If not, you have to apply for the COS and wait for it to get approved.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X