Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Both spouse together for h1b visa stamping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both spouse together for h1b visa stamping?

Hello,

Good day! This is my first post in this forum! My wife and I both are planning to go to india for our 1st h1b visa stamping (F1->OPT->H1B). I work as a consultant, and my wife has a full time position. My question is:

1. I know there are no direct answers, but how safe kolkata is, in general, for 1st time h1b stamping? that's our default consulate.

2. Is it advisable for both spouse to attend the interview on the same date, at same consulate?

Please advise!

Good day! This is my first post in this forum! My wife and I both are planning to go to india for our 1st h1b visa stamping (F1->OPT->H1B). I work as a consultant, and my wife has a full time position. My question is:

1. I know there are no direct answers, but how safe kolkata is, in general, for 1st time h1b stamping? that's our default consulate.

----- Your guess will be as good as anybody's in this or otehr forums. However, we do not hear much about the US Consulate in Kolkata. So No News is Good News. Wishing you all the best

2. Is it advisable for both spouse to attend the interview on the same date, at same consulate?

---- If you can get appointments on the same day, you can attend the interview on the same day and process is complete on the saem day

Subramanya
    Please advise![/QUOTE]

Comment

Thanks Subramanya for your reply!

I am particularly concerned though about both of us attending the interview at the same day, at the same consulate (obviously considering we will get the slot on the date we want). will that be something foolish to do? Should we go for different dates? Or is there a way where we can appear together at the same window - a single interview for both? I am just confused .

Comment

Two H1B interviews cannot be combined together in a single interview slot. Like suggested before, you can book the interview on the same date, even on the date time if possible. That should not cause any issues.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X