No announcement yet.

Implications H1B marrying another H1B, Visa Extension Stamping Due End Of Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Implications H1B marrying another H1B, Visa Extension Stamping Due End Of Year

Hi,

Both I and my fiancé are H1B holders. We are planning to get married at end of this year. Are there any visa implications/process I need to follow or report?

I will have to take H1B Visa Extension Stamping Interview when I travel back home, and my fiancé will be taking the Visa Stamping for H1B Job Change at the end of the year.

My I140 is approved and my fiance has already approved I140 but she is going through PERM reapplication process again because of job change.

As I understand, things will remain the same we do not have to change anything or report anything and both continue with H1B Visa without any changes. Thanks in advance.

Hi,
    Yes.. Since you both are on H1B you both will need to fill separate DS 160 and attend Interview. I don't think, you will have to follow any other items for depending one another.
    Thanks

Comment

Hi, Thanks for your reply this reallt helps! Would you know how the name change generally works?

Should we get legally married back in home country with changed name? And then enter back into US as separate/normal individual H1B holders. Then we can get legally married in US to be able to follow the name change procedure for different documents like SSN, Driver License, etc and also the immigration documents for H1B/I140?

If its too much hassle, we are just planning to not go through the name change at all. Thanks for all the help rkk09

Comment

Hi,
        What you mean about Name change? You meant to say last name change? If so or not, Any name change must be done from the passport.. As a nonimmigrant visa holder your primary evidence is passport.. If you need any name change, first you will need to consider passport. The change must be started from passport document.
        Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Yes the last name change after the marriage. Thank you this really helps me! I will update this post with my experience once I go through it at the end of the year once for future reference for everyone else. Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X