Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Visa renewal- got 221g

Hi All,

I attended Visa interview in Chennai yesterday and the VO gave me 221g with almost all the documents ticked and told to drop it in VFS offices. I had got 221g last time 3 years ago when I went for Visa stamping for the first time. My company says they will provide all the docs requested with in 1 week. I am currently on a visit to India but cannot go back to US without visa,I have project there in a client place. Any idea how long it will take for consulate to give me visa after i drop all the papers in VFS office. here are the questions asked:

Me: Good morning Sir
    VO: Good morning, How are you.

Me Good thanks, how are you?
    VO: Good.

VO: whome do you work for?
    me: for ABC company

VO: you work in house or Client place.
    Me: client place

VO: who is the client
    Me: XYZ company

VO: Do you have the client contract letter
    Me: No sir i do not have, but had produced it during H1 extension.

VO: asked for my paystub
    Me: gave my paystub

VO: again do you have the contract letter.
    Me: No sir i do not have.

VO: typed some thing for 1-2 mins and took the 221g for and ticked all the documents there and said to get all these documents and drop it in VFS office and mentioned i need not come for appointment again.
    me: thanks you.

Have any one faced this situation, please reply....will i get visa this time....i need to reach US as my wife is there and we are expecting our baby in November.

Thanks
    SS

I attended Visa interview in Chennai yesterday and the VO gave me 221g with almost all the documents ticked and told to drop it in VFS offices. I had got 221g last time 3 years ago when I went for Visa stamping for the first time. My company says they will provide all the docs requested with in 1 week. I am currently on a visit to India but cannot go back to US without visa,I have project there in a client place. Any idea how long it will take for consulate to give me visa after i drop all the papers in VFS office. here are the questions asked:

---- The normal processing time is 4-6 weeks. It may take longer. If all the documents are in order and the US Consulate decides that your case is good, they may ask you to drop off your Passport at the vfs office and you are good to go.

---- In the event there are delays for any reason, be patient as everything will turn out for the good

Subramanya

Comment

Same situation

I am in the same situation. I came here to chennai to change my employer. family still in usa. I do not work at client site, but VO asked me to submit all documents from the petitioner, plus document showing I work at petitioner's work location. They asked me to drop off all documents along with the passport

sans, what is your current situation?

Comment

After submitting all the docs even the vendor letter, they sent another 221g to resend all the docs along with work schedule till the end of my petition (till 2012, not sure how can any company give a work schedule for 2 to 3 years).

bottom line is , the case has just got tougher and unpredictable, looks like they do not want to approve the visa and are just delaying.............

Comment

After submitting all the docs even the vendor letter, they sent another 221g to resend all the docs along with work schedule till the end of my petition (till 2012, not sure how can any company give a work schedule for 2 to 3 years).

bottom line is , the case has just got tougher and unpredictable, looks like they do not want to approve the visa and are just delaying.............

---- Yes, at times it is tough to overcome all these issues and there is no recourse to all these matters. Comply with the USCIS and provide all the documents even if it is for the second or third time

---- If you feel (even gut feeling) that they will not approve your visa and are delaying for some odd reason, remember your way of thinking and assumption does not mean anything to USCIS

---- The USCIS wants some evidence and the respective proof of evidence. Until you provide them with the necessary evidence they will not be able to make a decsion on the case

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X