H4 Extension and EAD renewal Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Extension and EAD renewal Question

I have applied for H4 extension and EAD renewal in Dec 2020 (TX Service Center), not getting any movement apart from biometrics done.
    I am thinking of traveling outside the States i.e. Canada or India, and do my visa stamping from there, based on my spouse’s approved H1 and then return to the States with approved H4.
    Questions:
    1) What would be the status of the H4 extension applied earlier in Dec 2020?
    2) Will I need to withdraw that or will USCIS take care of that in their database once I enter with the new stamped visa and I94
    3) Also will again EAD renewal need to be applied for after returning to the States or will the old application for EAD renewal hold good?
    4) Main concern is, will EAD renewal application now go further lower down in the queue?
    Any other Cons possible in this scenario.
    Thanks in advance all!!

Hi,
    Please see my response below.
    1) What would be the status of the H4 extension applied earlier in Dec 2020?
    Answer: Once you get visa stamp in consulate/embassy, upon return you will need to withdraw H4 petition immediately.
    2) Will I need to withdraw that or will USCIS take care of that in their database once I enter with the new stamped visa and I94
    Answer: I suggest you to send withdrawal notice to USCIS once you back to the country. This way you can avoid unnecessary notices(RFE/NOID)
    3) Also will again EAD renewal need to be applied for after returning to the States or will the old application for EAD renewal hold good?
    Answer: Once your H4 petition is withdrawn your H4 EAD petition will under processing only.. Most of the time, they will issue RFE to request updated I-94 and visa copy..
    4) Main concern is, will EAD renewal application now go further lower down in the queue?
    Answer: I don't really think so.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X