• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice Explaining USCIS Actions Was Mailed

Hi,

Today I received this message from USCIS for my wife's COS,

Notice Explaining USCIS Actions Was Mailed

On June 14, 2021, we began reviewing your Form I-539, Application To Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status, Receipt Number ' **** *'. We mailed you a notice informing you of the action we intend to take on your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice and submit any requested materials. If you do not receive your notice by June 30, 2021, contact the USCIS Contact Center at www.uscis.gov/contactcenter. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Can anyone pls explain what this means? Most of the information I received for an H1-B visa. Cannot able to find anything related to H4.
    1) Mostly I saw comments mentioning RFE or NOID?
    2) If it is decline won't they say directly?

Thanks in advance.
    Sri

Hi,
    Please see my response below.
    1) Mostly I saw comments mentioning RFE or NOID?
    Answer: Yes.. It might be NOID or RFE. Just wait for some more days to receive notice.. But please note, this is not final action.
    2) If it is decline won't they say directly?
    Answer: As I mentioned above, this is not final decision.. If this is NOID, you will have some days to reply back with your response.
    Thanks

Comment

rkk09 Thanks for your reply. Do you have any suggestion why they give "Notice Explaining USCIS Actions Was Mailed" for H-4 Visa? Previously my wife was in f-2 visa asked for COS to H-4. thanks in advance.
      FYI: We have not traveled outside the US.
      Last edited by shrinivassab; 06-18-2021, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Hi,
        There will be many reasons to issue the RFE or NOID.. I kindly request you to wait for the notice to know about the reason.
        Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X