Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaskan Cruise (All US stops) no Visa Stamp

Hello everyone,
    I had a question about immigration check at port of entry Seattle returning from an Alaskan Cruise with only US stops. This year due to covid all Alaskan cruises from Seattle will only do Alaskan stops without stopping in Canada. I was wondering if this would be considered as a domestic trip? Would there be an immigration check on the port of entry? The ship will sail through Canadian waters but will not stop at any Canadian ports.
    If returning from Canadian waters will need an immigration check would Automatic Visa Revalidation apply? I have an expired H1B stamp and valid unexpired I-94 and recent paystubs from my employer. As this trip is less than 30 days and goes through Canadian waters would AVR apply in case there is an immigration check?

Thanks in advance!!

When the ship return to US , they check the passport and visa stamps though They do not verify all the details.

Comment

I think such a trip would be considered domestic since you are not visiting other countries, but only sailing next to them. But I think it would be better to check with the tour operator through whom you bought your cruise ticket. When buying a cruise ticket, I want to visit as many countries as possible. I use http://cruisetimetables.com to plan a cruise vacation. Next year I plan to go on a cruise for 20 days with my wife, and we will visit at least 8 countries during that time. It will be a wedding anniversary gift.
      Last edited by davecoutts; 08-08-2022, 06:06 AM.

Comment

From my experience, if you're only visiting US stops on your Alaskan cruise, it should be considered a domestic trip and you won't need to go through immigration. However, since your ship will be sailing through Canadian waters, it's possible that there could be an immigration check. I'm not sure about Automatic Visa Revalidation, but I would recommend reaching out to your cruise line or a travel agent to get more information on this. They should be able to provide more detailed guidance based on your specific situation. By the way, if you're ever in Chicago, I highly recommend checking out some of the amazing sunset boat cruises. I recently came across an article about the best ones in the city, and I was blown away by the stunning views and unique experiences they offer.
        Last edited by AyannaRoth; 04-20-2023, 05:11 AM.

Comment

From my experience, if you're only visiting US stops on your Alaskan cruise, it should be considered a domestic trip and you won't need to go through immigration. However, since your ship will be sailing through Canadian waters, it's possible that there could be an immigration check. I'm not sure about Automatic Visa Revalidation, but I would recommend reaching out to your cruise line or a travel agent to get more information on this. They should be able to provide more detailed guidance based on your specific situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X