X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 visa - Job change

Hi there ,

Thanks for looking.
    I was having a L1A visa and post RFE it was converted to H1B visa. Now I am awaiting GC procedure from my employer which they will start in coming months.

As I am having a manager role in US and Outside US , I am expecting that my company will file GC in EB1.

Now my questions are-
    Shall I stick with my current job/company until my GC is filed?
    When is good time to switch job after filing I140/ I40 approval/ after getting EAD/ GC?
    Does any other employer will be able to file GC with EB1 if I got same manager role with that employer?
    Do I have to work out of US on manager role with new employer?

thanks for checking and looking for the information

thank you

Hi,
    Please see my response below.
    Shall I stick with my current job/company until my GC is filed?
    Answer: Yes...
    When is good time to switch job after filing I140/ I40 approval/ after getting EAD/ GC?
    Answer: Once you get I-140 Approval, Its better to strict with same employer for 180 days then decide about moving to new employer.
    Does any other employer will be able to file GC with EB1 if I got same manager role with that employer?
    Answer: If you meet the eligibility for EB1C with new employer, Yes. That is possible.
    Thanks

Comment

Hi,

I had a similar question to the above person. My company has filed I-140 petition for me. Can I switch jobs immediately after my I-140 is approved? Is it mandatory to wait for 180 days before switching to another employer? Is that a USCIS rule?

Also, if my I-140 is approved and I file for my wife's H4 EAD through my current company, can I switch jobs when the EAD application is under process?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X