Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transit visa requirement for Frankfurt

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Transit visa requirement for Frankfurt

    Hello
    Me and my wife are travelling to India from Washington DC via Frankfrut(Airline: Lufthansa). Both of us are here on H1B visa and have approved petition till 2011, but none of us have stamping at passport for the current visa. I have gone through H1B transfer and my wife through extension. Now we have to stay for 5-6 hours at Frankfurt for change of flights.

    Can you please let me know if any of us need the transit visa for Germany in this case?

    Appreciate your help.

    Thanks
    Jonny

  • #2
    There have been issues in the past when people transit via Frankfurt or London without a valid U.S visa. It is advisable to check with your airlines first. Also, write an email to the German consulate and check if it is okay to transit without a valid U.S visa. Carry a copy of the email in case they say that a transit visa is not required for just a stopover.

    Additional information about transit visa requirement can be found in the below link.
    https://www.immihelp.com/non-usa-transit-visa/

    Discussion on the same topic
    http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69586
    http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69530
    http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68323
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

    Comment


    • #3
      Transit Visa requirement for Frankfurt with Destination as Mexico

      Hi,
      I want to have Information regarding Airport Transit Visa.

      I will be travelling to Mexico City from New Delhi via Frankfurt through Lufthansa Airways.

      I hold an Indian passport. I also hold a valid Mexico visa which will be my for my final destination, I also hold a temporary residence card for Mexico and a valid US transit visa.

      I also have a VALID BUSINESS VISA for the US, but there is no layover in US as my route is New Delhi -Frankfurt- Mexico City.

      There wiill be no change of Terminals in Frankfurt and also no movement out of the Airport.

      I just want to know that do i still need a Airport Transit Visa ? (With a valid US BUSINESS VISA)

      It is stated on Lufthansa Airways website that a person holding a valid visa to his final destination doesn't need a Transit Visa.

      Kindly help.

      Comment


      • #4
        Your best bet is to call the airlines and they can confirm it for you.

        Originally posted by rustagiashish View Post
        Hi,
        I want to have Information regarding Airport Transit Visa.

        I will be travelling to Mexico City from New Delhi via Frankfurt through Lufthansa Airways.

        I hold an Indian passport. I also hold a valid Mexico visa which will be my for my final destination, I also hold a temporary residence card for Mexico and a valid US transit visa.

        I also have a VALID BUSINESS VISA for the US, but there is no layover in US as my route is New Delhi -Frankfurt- Mexico City.

        There wiill be no change of Terminals in Frankfurt and also no movement out of the Airport.

        I just want to know that do i still need a Airport Transit Visa ? (With a valid US BUSINESS VISA)

        It is stated on Lufthansa Airways website that a person holding a valid visa to his final destination doesn't need a Transit Visa.

        Kindly help.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jonnysing View Post
          Hello
          Me and my wife are travelling to India from Washington DC via Frankfrut(Airline: Lufthansa). Both of us are here on H1B visa and have approved petition till 2011, but none of us have stamping at passport for the current visa. I have gone through H1B transfer and my wife through extension. Now we have to stay for 5-6 hours at Frankfurt for change of flights.

          Can you please let me know if any of us need the transit visa for Germany in this case?

          Appreciate your help.

          Thanks
          Jonny
          I traveled safely from USA to India through Franfurt with an expired VISA stamp on 10-Oct-2017, flight layover was 5 hours.

          DFW > FRANKFURT > NEW DELHI

          Please refer to the attached screenshot for the popup on Lufthansa Website while doing the online check-in, I had also received a mail confirmation from the German Consulate in Houston that no Airport Transit VISA is needed.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-10-10-PHOTO-00000043.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	590662

          However, German Consulate in Chennai told me that I need Airport Transit VISA even if the layover is only 30 mins >>> this was totally WRONG !!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PB10 View Post
            I traveled safely from USA to India through Franfurt with an expired VISA stamp on 10-Oct-2017, flight layover was 5 hours.

            DFW > FRANKFURT > NEW DELHI

            Please refer to the attached screenshot for the popup on Lufthansa Website while doing the online check-in, I had also received a mail confirmation from the German Consulate in Houston that no Airport Transit VISA is needed.

            However, German Consulate in Chennai told me that I need Airport Transit VISA even if the layover is only 30 mins >>> this was totally WRONG !!!
            Great news thanks for sharing, most of those who said they were able to travel was more than 2-3 years ago, so good to hear from someone who just travelled ok. I called the airline and they asked me to check with consulate. The consulate responded to my query today, and they also said it is ok to travel but do check with the airline. They don't want to be held liable. We should have only one stop between US and India, plus we should not leave the transit area.

            Response i got is:
            If you are traveling to your home country and have a valid US Visa or Permanent Resident Permit (or will get a new US Visa sticker issued in your home country) you might not need a Transit Visa if you leave from SFO or San Jose Airport, stay in one airport only for transit, and do not intend to leave the transit area of that airport.
            We strongly advise to check directly with the airline you are traveling with!

            Comment

            Working...
            X