X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India travel on H1B expiring in December 2021

Hello,

Can anyone please help me with below queries,

My first H1b stamping was done in April 2018 and it was expired in Feb 2019 then I got my H1B extension approved till December 2021. I didn’t travel to India since 2019.

I have an emergency situation in India. My father isn’t well and I am planning to travel to India in a week. I am a contractor working for a client and my client manager is ok with my travel and work from home option.
    1. I need to get stamping done and return before December. Can you please suggest suitable US embassy with respect to processing times and approval rates?
    2. Will there be any problem or concern to make note of while coming back with less stamping validity period?
    3. In worst case scenarios due to covid or any sort of travel ban, If I have to stay beyond my stamping period. Can I file an H1b extension while in India accordingly and still continue to work for my client while extension is being processed?

I thank everybody’s time and response.

Prash

Hi,
    Please see my response below.
    I need to get stamping done and return before December. Can you please suggest suitable US embassy with respect to processing times and approval rates?
    Answer: As per my knowledge, there is no recent dates available for normal appointments. If you are eligible for Drop box then you can try in the place where ever you feel comfortable travelling. And regarding approval rates of consulates, Please note, Approvals are not related to office where as it is related to documents and answers you give at the time of interview. if everything is perfect and you are eligible for the visa that you are seeking then you will not have any issues obtaining visa approval.
    Will there be any problem or concern to make note of while coming back with less stamping validity period?
    Answer: No. I don't find any difficulties travelling with lesser duration of visa approval.
    In worst case scenarios due to covid or any sort of travel ban, If I have to stay beyond my stamping period. Can I file an H1b extension while in India accordingly and still continue to work for my client while extension is being processed?
    Answer: Yes. You can file H1B Ext petition when you are abroad. But it will get approve with consular processing. Please note, working remotely is up to your employer and End client. But, your day off from the USA will not be calculated under H1B.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X