Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension and Stamping at Matamoros

All,

Right now I am on my 7th year of H1 as I got 1 year extension last year after my labor application was filed. Right now I have my I-140 approved and waiting on 3 year H1 extension. Stamping on my Visa (7th year) expires on October 24th, 2010. I am planning to go to Matamoros ( I already have H1 stamped twice at Matamoros) for stamping once my 3 year extension is approved. I would like to get it stamped before the expiry of current stamping.

I am not sure or aware of any complications during stamping in this scenario. Can someone please help me on this if you have already been in such scenario? It is ok to go there for stamping in this scenario?

Any help or comment appreciated!!!

Thanks,

CG

Right now I am on my 7th year of H1 as I got 1 year extension last year after my labor application was filed. Right now I have my I-140 approved and waiting on 3 year H1 extension. Stamping on my Visa (7th year) expires on October 24th, 2010. I am planning to go to Matamoros ( I already have H1 stamped twice at Matamoros) for stamping once my 3 year extension is approved. I would like to get it stamped before the expiry of current stamping.

I am not sure or aware of any complications during stamping in this scenario. Can someone please help me on this if you have already been in such scenario? It is ok to go there for stamping in this scenario?

Any help or comment appreciated!!!

---- If all your documents are in order there is no harm in going to Matmoros for visa stamping. You have already been there twice and you must be familiar with all formalities and other details. Wish you good luck

Subramanya

Comment

Thank you very much for your response!!

Is there any additional questions, etc asked? Just wanted to see whether someone with similar case got stamping without any issues.

Comment

Re:

Is there a reason why you wanted to get your H1 stamped before expiration of the current stamping? I am in the same boat as you with my 7th year coming up and wanted to find out if there is a delay in my H1 petition approval beyond my stamping date can I not do the stamping in Mexico?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X