Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• case type is REGULAR for visa renewal

Hi,

I am working in USA and I changed my employer 2 years back and 6 months back my H1B with first employer got expired and I am going to india for my marriage. I booked the appointment in US consulate (for myself and my fiancee- she is applying for H4 for the first time), chennai on Sep-20. Initially the case type for both of us shows VISA RENEWAL. So i cancelled my appointment, since for my fiancee it should be REGULAR. Then i booked the appointment second time and now both case type shows REGULAR. I asked VFS about this and he said, REGULAR is for the first time US goer. Since i am doing H1B renewal, it is not valid for me. Then he said, it is upto me to go and attend the interview and talk to the interviewer.

I am afraid, that my H1B extension will get rejected.

1. What do you guys think about this case? I cant' cancel my second appointment, if i do so, i have to wait for 3 months.

2. What is the earliest possible time that i can apply for another H1B visa interview if my H1B get rejected for this reason?

Thanks,
    Suresh

1. What do you guys think about this case? I cant' cancel my second appointment, if i do so, i have to wait for 3 months.
    >>> This is definetely not an issue. Don't worry. If asked, you can explaion the same to the VO.

2. What is the earliest possible time that i can apply for another H1B visa interview if my H1B get rejected for this reason?
    >>> That depends on why the visa gets rejected. If they send your petition for revoke, then after transferring to a new employer, you can attend the visa interview again with the new approval notice.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Please help.

my wife(on h4 ) went to India 3 weeks ago( mid August),and she is planning to attend h4 renewal(on sep15th), for this I have selected "indian citizen residing in USA", but I think I selected "NO" to "are you applying for same type of VISA", so now the case type on On interview letter shows "Regular".
      I have already submitted all the documents in advace at VSF location.

Is this going to be problem, do I need cancel this appointment and take another appointment.

Thanks in advance

Comment

That is okay. If you are worried, then talk to the VFS help desk.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X