Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: Spelling mistake in Principal applicant's name on H4 visa stamp

Hi,

My wife recently went for H4 Visa stamping in Mumbai consulate on 7th September. She received her visa on 9th September evening. But the pricipal applicant's(mine) surname was misspelt with minor error(My surname has been printed as "VAIDHYA" instead of "VAIDYA".

However, my wife's name and surname spellings are correct(Passport was issued before marriage and she continued using the same name).

10th, 11th and 12th Sept are holidays for Mumbai consulate and she is travelling on 16th Sept.

I would appreciate if someone can help me about steps needed to correct this issue. We checked all our submitted document copies and there is no issue in I-797 or other forms submitted.

Thanks,
    R

Are you talking about the annotation on the visa?

Not an issue as she will carry your I797 original copy anyway. Can be explained as an error if asked as it is obvious. As long as her information is correct, no issues. Make sure she fills out the correct info as per your I797 at all other places like I94 etc upon arrival if you decide to travel as-is.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for quick reply. Yes, the issue is in annotation.

If we decide to rectify the error, what are the actions/steps required?

Appreciate your help,

Thanks,
      R

Comment

Contact VFS and they will guide you through the steps. It may impact the travel dates though. If I were you, I would not worry about it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks,
          R

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X