SSN denied after H4 EAD approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSN denied after H4 EAD approval

I am reaching out to you as I seek help with getting an SSN. Anyone faced a similar issue and can guide how to resolve this?

I received my EAD in April 2021 after which I visited the local SSA office located with all required documents, such as the EAD card, passport, visa, address proof, etc., to a get my Social Security Number for the first time. The application was rejected after approximately 4 weeks with the reason that the office could not verify my EAD status with USCIS. I visited the SSA office again on June 14th 2021 with all the required documents proving my legal eligibility to work and to get an SSN after which the office filed a brand new application again. This new application has again rejected after 6 weeks now with reason 'The SSN cannot be issued because applicant's class of admission is H4'.

I believe the underlying issue is with USCIS not updating the EAD status in some database/ system that SSA office is using to determine SSN eligibility. Can anyone please guide me on how to solve this issue? Calling USCIS has not helped as the reps did not have a clear response.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X